Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who's going to the 100th Isle of Man TT Races?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Jaqhama, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Next year is the 100th anniversery of the IOM TT Races.

A once in a lifetime experience. Not to be missed.

I'm looking at being there, and doing a ride around Britain before the TT starts, and a ride around Europe afterwards.

There's thousands of bikes for sale all over the UK every month.
    Something to suit everyone's budget.

With a bit of thought (and possibly making friends at www.visordown.com)
    it should not be too hard to source yourself a cheap bike to ride around on for a few weeks.
    I've got mates in the UK already, so I'll probably have a bike waiting for me when I get there.

I'm just posting this thread to see if anyone else from Netrider has considered going.

(Apart from Carri :LOL: )

Cheers: Jaq.
  2. about 5 of the guys i ride dirt bikes with are going, i'll catch up with them on the weekend and point them here.
  3. I'd love to go. Hopefully I'll be in Ukraine about that time. Who knows maybe I'll be there!
  4. I'm planning on it... should be OS from the start of next year and if it all happens then IOM TT is right up there on my list of things to do :grin:
  5. I'll be there.

Will be in England somewhere that year.

Next on my list is sorting out accomodation fairly quickly, almost everything is already booked out :0
  6. Yeah, accomodation could be a problem.
    I'm sorting something out for me and Lin right now.
    At the end of the day there's always a tent and a farmers field.
    I'm looking at riding around England before the TT, and then riding around Europe afterwards.
    Three to four months all up I reckon.

What do you guys plan to do?
  7. Well it took me all of an hour or so to sort accomodation on the IOM. :LOL:

Let me know if you blokes really cannot find anywhere and I'll see if I can sort a room or a camping spot on private property for you as well.

I've just discovered that the real problem may be booking a place on the IOM Ferry.

It's quite likely to be booked out before any of us even set foot in the UK.

I'm looking into getting tickets right now, some people already booked as soon as they got home last year.

I'll report back with more info in the next day or so.

8. Righto...I've got accomodation sorted for a few other people if anyone is interested.

Let me know FOR SURE if you're going to be in it and I'll forward info in PM.

It will probably require a deposit sometime in the very near future.

Can I work miracles or what? LMAO. :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Here is why we need to book our ferry tickets NOW.

10,000 UK riders have already booked. More booking every day.

500 riders from the French Ducati Club have also already booked.

Bloody hell.

Sort out the dates you want to be on the Isle. What day you want the ferry, what day you want to go back to the mainland.
    How long you will need accomadation on the Isle for.

I'm just off home to sleep. I'll be back online tonight after 6pm.

10. Love ur work Jaq, will look into it and get back to you... don't wana miss it!! :grin:
  11. :LOL: :LOL: thx jaq. as mentioned elsewhere to you, we're looking at a ride round bhutan around that time next year so will be giving the 100th a miss. having said that, i'm hoping to get back over to the UK in a coupla years so will absolutely get back to the TTs again in the not too distant future. so if we make it an annual netrider event ... i'm in :p :wink:

have fun all.

aaron - you'll have a blast mate - but go easy out there on mad sunday y'hear!!

12. This is the company that runs the ferries ....

13. I've had offers of rooms from private people who live on the isle.

I've told them I will let them know for sure who wants a room within the next week or so...I know it's a short time frame for you guys to make up your minds...but this is a very small window of oppotunity.

It would be remiss of us to keep the people who have offered to help waiting on an answer.

14. Well it looks like we may not be going to the TT Races after all.

From halfway thru May until the end of June I cannot find any free ferry bookings.

They are booked out completly for the Race Weeks in 2007.

I have a source on the isle who may be able to help, but if he cannot get me tickets, then that's it I'm afraid.

Everyone I've spoken to agrees the ferry tickets are all booked up.
  15. Would love to go but don't think my 6 numbers are gunna come up in time!
  16. 666666...Done... :LOL:
  17. Who's going to the TT in 2007

I've got Steam Packet tickets for 400 bikes & riders ex Heysham and ex Belfast for next years TT. My business (Get Routed) is based in Essendon.
  18. How much are you selling the tickets for Dave?

I have now found a few ferry ticket openings, I just looked at single entry and single departure instead of return.

It's only two hours or so to Manx yes?
  19. They are packaged together with bike shipping (ex Brisbane, Sydney & Melboourne) to Felixstowe, UK, airfares and some other bits & pieces appropriate to such a package.
    It's not a guided tour, but I do have accommodation on the IoM. You can have the package with or without the accommodation and I have access to free camping.

There are still very few tickets on odd sailings, but you won't find enough for a group. If you've not got return sailings you could be stuck on the IoM till Tuesday or Wednesday (12 & 13) June.
    Busiest period is always Race week. Next year will be exceptionally so even though they are leasing extra ferries just for the TT.

Depends on which port you sail from and which ferry you are on. Could be three and a half hours. Liverpool to Douglas is two and a half, but that's usually booked out well in advance.

It's Isle of Man. Manx are the people and the cats.
  20. Actually mate the people I am in contact with who live on the isle assure me the locals refer to their island as Manx and themselves as Manxmen. :cool: I gather these are people who were born and bred on the isle, not the people who have moved there from another place.

These tickets you've got mate...I don't want to ship a bike over, I'll already have a bike sorted for me when I arrive in the UK.

Thousands of bikes for sale in the UK every week. To suit most peoples tastes and budgets. Many shops do buy back deals, some of us here also post on a UK forum similar to Netrider and have had numerous offers of help in regards to buying a bike and re-selling after we finish our tour.

I know it's your business and all but I find buying a bike in the UK is a much cheaper alternative to shipping mine over there.
    Bikes are so much cheaper to buy in the UK used to start with.

I am just after tickets for ferry crossings with a bike.

Cheers Dave.
    Regards: Jaq.