Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VladTepes, Sep 24, 2012.

Who would you rather see as PM?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2012.
  1. Julia Gillard

3 vote(s)
  2. Kevin Rudd

6 vote(s)
  3. Tony Abbott

4 vote(s)
  4. Bob Katter

3 vote(s)
  5. Blabbus Toolicus

10 vote(s)
  6. Casey Stoner

1 vote(s)
  7. Me

5 vote(s)
  8. I don't care, as long as they hate motorbikes.

1 vote(s)
  9. Phar Lap's stuffed corpse

3 vote(s)
  10. I'm here to defend democracy, not to practice it.

2 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Who would rather see as Prime Minister?

Do NOT talk politics. nobody cares.
  2. I have a bad feeling about this thread. Although barring Stoner I can't see there being too many passionate supporters of any of those options.
  3. ...where's Batman?! This is BLASPHEMY!
  4. You have to work which one of them is batman...
  5. I dont care as long as its not Eddiie McGuire.
  6. As if voting wasn't hard enough...
  7. Someone who's actually run a decent-sized business, not a law firm or a trade union.
  8. This is the only reason why I'm not a citizen of Aus. I cherish my right to not vote.

And looking at the available options, I think it's the best one.
  9. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be since I've never voted here), but doesn't one vote for a party, not an actual person? So couldn't a party conceivably decide to put a totally different PM in place if they were voted in?

Anyway, nobody. I'm going to attempt to go the rest of my life without voting for anyone in a political contest.
  10. Voting is optional in Australia.
  11. All they will hear is "CHA-CHING!" from all your fines. Unless you never enrolled.
  12. Not currently a citizen here. When/if I become one, I'll show up to vote if I am so required, write "PENISES" in large text over the ballot, and toss it into the box.
  13. Every election I draw a giant phallus on my ballot paper. Every time some cock gets voted in.

The system works. :)
  14. So you're the b*stard responsible for all those dicks getting in!
  15. you didn't add turnbull, but as for who I'd vote for ? None of them they are all scumbags
  16. The fine for not voting is only $20 . Voting shouldn't be compulsory anyway so only people who are interested in voting do so. Public servants, students, prisoners and people on welfare shouldn't get a vote anyway, they don't pay the bills.
  17. I see Blabber has become Netrider's CowboyNeal option. :D