Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who will replace Stoner at Honda 2013

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by S1000RR, Jun 15, 2012.

?
  1. Rossi

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Bradl

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Crutchlow

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Dovizioso

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Who do you guys think will replace Stoner 2013?

2. a motorbike racer? nobody can replace Stoner

3. if they want to keep winning they're going to need another 'alien' and those four aren't....

4. hehe... ok besides the fact that the guy is irreplaceable [-(. Who do you think will take his place?

5. arent what? Pauly

6. I am a big fan of Stoner, but I think Rossi would be the guy to make it happen for Honda. The other guys are killers to, but if there still was another alien in the motoGP it would be Rossi. Although I personally think it'll be Bradl to go to Honda repsol

7. Probably Kneedragon.

8. Too bad Stoner is leaving on such a young age

9. I would like to see Rossi go to Honda and Crutchlow to Ducati.

10. whilst i'd like to see crutchlow step up, as im a fan and i think he can go a long way, im not sure. bradl seems a likely candidate, he hasnt had an amazing motogp performance but is doing well and consistant

11. Honda have made it very clear, once again recently, that Rossi is not welcome back at Honda, now or later

I think the rules will be bent and Marquez will get the ride

12. aren't 'aliens'

they're good racers but they're not in the same class as Stoner and Rossi and Lorenzo

13. I tell you who will go to Honda to replace Stoner

Ben Spies - his contract with Yamaha finishes this year ( I believe )

Japanese being the way they are ( quiet unassuming etc ) same as what Spies is, will be a match between his personality and the company personalty as its a Japanese trait

14. The most official thing I can find is from May and it's the HRC VP saying "anything is possible".

15. i'd be a fan of that! i like spies and his demeanor, at least what is shown. needs to turn his current form around though :-s

16. dont think rossi would go back to honda.....
    he wants to be in the limelight.... where honda wants the machine

their was as good reason he went to yamaha

17. Yes I am a big fan of Ben Spies for the same reason - his demenour - he is always humble and a quiet achiver not like the prima donnas led by stoner and rossi - even when he won last year for Yamahas 50th Anniversary he still put the accolades on yamaha and his team members

if not spies I would like to see crutchlow because he has really done the hard yards and is improving dramatically - the guy really has guts and has grabbed the tech 3 ride by the horns to make the best of it he can

18. sounds we are on the same page!

19. here's an article about Rossi and HRC:

Casey Stoner's bombshell announcement that he would retire at the end of the season discussion quickly shifted to who could replace the MotoGP champion in the factory Repsol Honda camp.

One big name banded around was that of Valentino Rossi, who ended his relationship with Honda abruptly. However, his well-storied struggles with Ducati have seen rumours of the Italian setting up his own privateer team and retirement spread, after his contract ends at the end of the year.

But after the news of Stoner's retirement, a seat has become available at Repsol Honda and Rossi could be a possible candidate according to the Vice President for HRC, Shuhei Nakamoto.

"At this point anything is possible, we have to think about it," Nakamoto told GPOne. "But I will talk directly with Honda Motor and the sponsors before he is even the main contact."

Repsol have been grooming Marc Marquez for the factory Honda team and he is an obvious choice, but the Rookie Rule is standing in the way of the young Spaniard stepping up to the premier class in a factory squad, having to spend a year in a satellite team first. However, as MotoGP is run by a Spanish organisation how long will this rule last for?

20. The talk of Rossi by HRC is nothing but a red-herring

it will keep media and fans concentrating on Rossi while the Honda actually negotiates with Spies and Crutchlow