Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who will Light the Flame.. London 2012?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MVrog, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Who will they pick? It will be someone Famous, and preferably a Former Olympian. Because of their stupid Class System, it won't be a Commoner.
    Maybe Princess Anne, because she ticks both boxes there, and she could start a fire with her Fierce Glare.

Who would you choose?
  2. Sir Paul McCartney
  3. Guy Fawkes?
  4. Im hoping it's the bastard who pinched my phone, (read thread) I want him doused in kero, lit, and katapulted over the tourch.
  5. It'll probably be one of the Polish Builders still working on the stadium...

What's the what's the not a commoner bullshit about???
  6. It'll be some famous olympian
    Sebastian coe maybe or someone else who held a world record and had a swag of golds.
    Maybe a current gold medallist with form.
  7. If Jeremy Clarkson doesn't do a rolling burnout in a Koenigsegg CCX past the torch [shaped like a toll-booth] and toss a flaming cigar-butt into it; there is no God.
  8. Edgie, you may be onto something. Mc Cartney could light it with a blazing leg, from the Heather Mills Collection. He would probably enjoy the moment.
  9. Possibly a bit of a long shot, Daley Thompson. One of the greatest all round athletes of our times, not just in Great Britain.

10. who cares. :|
  11. Stick around, you might just be suprised.
  12. Would like to see Linford Christie do it, but it's more likely to be David Beckham.
  13. I reckon it'll be Kylie.
  14. She's not a Pom, but she could light it with one her sisters old Breast Implants. Silicone burns ok.
  15. [​IMG]

Full kudos to the sportsmen and women, but the bullshit that surrounds the olympics makes it one huge crock of shite.
  16. +1
  17. does anyone really care??

so much money for so little real benefit to anyone other than sporting goods and footwear manufacturers.

I could go on but this isn't the place.

Continue with advertised program.....
  18. That might be difficult since the BOA took his accreditation away in 1999, I don't think he's actually allowed in the stadium...
  19. Really? Why?
  20. Failed a drug test nandrowhatnot...