Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who will comprehensively insure an under 25 y/o, previously lost license?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by ad91on, Jul 10, 2011.

  1. I'm stumped.

    I want comprehensive insurance and I can't even get a quote from anywhere.

    Is there some company out there, kinda like those bad credit rating loan places, that insure anyone?
  2. Im sure there is, but it wont be worth it unless you're writing a bike off every year.
    Get theft and fire and be done with it.
  3. As far as I can tell, anything like crim record, DUI or losing license tends to be a big hit on anyone, particularly under 30 and rendering insurance almost impossible under 25.
  4. How long ago did you lose your license? Some insurance companies only require you to notify them if it was within a certain number or years.

    I'd also look at speaking with an Insurance broker, who may be able to find you a deal and can maybe smooth things over like your previous record.
  5. keep shopping around. usually one of the majors will insure you but it won't be cheap.
  6. With some companies it depends what you lost it for.
  7. Third party fire and theft will be your only option. downgrade the bike if this worries you too much.
  8. swann will. imr wont. i know for a fact :)
  9. ive gone though and done comprehensive quotes with aami and they have processed fine (though expensive) and im under 25 with a suspension. I havent actually bought any policies, as i was just bored at work dreaming about owning ducati's and such.