Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who uses top gear on the road?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by StRider, May 29, 2008.

1. Sorry, but the "who at night rides with their high beam on?" thread has gotten me excited ...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. Much as I love the show, I can't because it's illegal to have any visual display units in the driver/rider field of vision unless it's a navigational aid like a GPS.

3. :rofl:

4. I only use my top gear if I'm going out and wanna look real "hot". Otherwise its just jeans and a T-shirt.
    :p

5. :LOL: :LOL: :cool: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Northern Lights and BubbleGum, sure. Steer clear of Soapstone.

[Yes - I am joking guys]

7. I stay in 1st gear because I think we should all obey the road rules and any higher gear makes my bike go fast. :LOL:

8. I don't go above 5th as that would involve taking the other hand off the bars to keep count...

9. :rofl:

10. If I could I'd move this to 'Jokes and Humour'; classic stuff, folks :rofl:.

11. I'd have to ride my bike in neutral as even in 1st gear I am speeding in any zone under 80kmh!

12. Hang on!!!!....You mean there's SIX!!!???? :shock: :shock:
    Cheesus! (runs outside to check bike)

13. aV1zU5M9.
    I use whatever gear I can get my hands on
    :cool:

14. Not me, it's really hard to balance the spoon and my matches keep going out. At least the street lights aren't blue :wink:

15. I get into 16th, but never 17th

16. I use top gear, but then I always ride with the ignition on too. Call me whacky if you like but it seems to work for me.

Rarely use high beam though. My lights aren't real good so I figure high beam would be just extra not so good.

Sorry. Did I stray off topic here?

17. <_<

>_>

Aaaaand here's a serious answer to this topic. Nope, I've only used 6th once, maybe twice, and Peaches turned into a wh0re. Not happy chappy.

So I always use 5th if I'm on the freeway :)

<insert muzik> Born to be wiiiiiiiild.... :cool:

18. Depends what time of day it is, if its the morning then I have trouble getting into gear at all.

19. Seems like you need different sprocket/s

20. I thought her bike had extra grunt :!: