Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who uses a Buff?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Haggismaen, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Hey guys, just interested to see if anyone here uses a Buff while they are riding for whatever purpose. I use mine while cycling and running but I'm interested to see if there are any useful applications for when I'm on a bike.

If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about you might want to check it out, it's useful.

Buff headwear

2. they are the only type of neck warmer i use (everything else is to thick or makes you look like a gimp, especially the noprene ones) they have excellent wind resistance and have kept me warm down to -5.

i love em and wouldnt be without mine - it sits under the seat of the bike till i need it next
  3. I use them as a neckwarmer, or a bandanna. I wish they were a bit cheaper, though. Need a new one.

Like sludgie said, excellent wind resistance.
  4. I use a Necklava(sp?) by RJays. Works brilliantly.
  5. ooh, i like.

been wanting something like this.

thanks for the link.
  6. So fancy - i use a plain old beanie with the top opened up as a neck warmer at the moment - is the Buff one wearable in Summer as the website says - i been getting quite a few bugs on my neck and down my jacket - so be happier to wear all the time if its suitable.
  7. I use a netrider neckwarmer :p
  8. yeah they are excellent for summer as they are nice and thin.
  9. might look in to one. i have a neck warmer for the winter but stops the damn air getting in my helmet, hence bloody fogs up.. :grin:
  10. I have had a buff for a while but don’t wear it because i find that it sits very flush to the skin of my face,
    so combined with a couple of days growth it isn’t as comfortable as a regular cotton bandana.
  11. cant you jsut make one yourself?
    from what i can see its jsut a piece of material.... :?
    i wouldnt mind one (the urban camo looks cool), to stop my helmet from getting crap in it from my head, but i dont wanna look like a 'try hard' and get beat up by some tough stunter/bikie dude :p
  12. if they were just plain cotton you could make one yourself but they have lycra in them or somesuch which makes them quite stretchy and easy to use