Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who remembers the SR185?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Chairman, Sep 28, 2005.

1. There's one for sale. These were a pretty rare item and I doubt that they'll ever be celebrated as a classic, but I've got a hankering for one - even if it is just as a lounge room ornament (Or so I can claim to have one of each SR model)

Did anyone own one? Aside from being gutless (185cc - what did you expect?) can anyone comment on their strengths or weaknesses?

BTW - they are a great bike for the vertically challenged.

2. I rode one once. It is an abomination. More gutless and pathetic than the SR250, GN250 and the other ill conceived cruiseresque 250 4 stroke singles. Dismal handling and pox brakes

If if were vertically challenged I would throttle the miserable heartless soul who recommended it to me.

Although... perhaps you could squeeze the 500 donk into it and upgrade the suspension and brakes...

3. I agree that you'd have to be very, very vertically challenged before this became your first choice - but I don't remember any other bike of that era with a lower seat. Maybe I should have said "it was the only bike for the severely vertically challenged".

Thanks for the frank assessment :LOL:

4. Sure, it's greatest weakness was that it was designed at all. It's greatest strength was that it died the miserable death it deserved. My sister actually paid beer tokens for a new one. I hope for your sake that the one for sale wasn't hers.

5. Go on mate...buy the thing !!
    By the time everyone has lost their job due to the inability to pay for juice to get to work/ home....you'll have the hook-ups welded to the little crapper to fit the chair for the family-weekends. :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

6. I just bought myself one this week (the one you were looking at?). It's beautiful! I enjoyed the comments :)

7. Good man :wink: Bring it to coffee soon - I'd love to have a look.

8. Cheers. I'm in Carlton. Next time you're cruising through the city give me a buzz (I'm a post-grad student - free anytime). 0401 092 760 :D Matt