Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who makes 'value' leathers, and how much?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by incitatus, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Well I now have a shiny red Ducati 900SS with lots of racing trickery. It is now vital that I get a racetrack under me on a ride day, (or 'tuning day' as the MCRCWA calls them). I know the track (Barbagallo) pretty well, as I raced and crashed there for 3 years in the 90's. Which brings me back to the point of this post. I dug out my old racing leathers last night and tried them on, tried being the operative word. Time has done it's work, and I fit them like a midi in a shot glass. I now need some new ones and I don't want to spend a fortune. Style figures just below flavour in my priorities, as long as they provide protection I don't care if they are pink with pictures of kittens on them, as long as they are cheap.....any suggestions?

2. I bought mine from Underdog Leathers and they've been good.
  3. craig - racemaster provides good leathers at a good price
  4. See Duffman's thread "does Underdog Leathers still exist?"
  5. inci

Underdog (assuming they do indeed still exist) seem pretty good price and although they appear to be made overseas somewhere, they seem to be custome fit.
  6. I second Craig from RM Race Gear!
    I bought a 2 piece race suit from him and the quality if great for the price I paid!
    Double stitching, 1.3mm leather, CE approved armour in elbows, forearms, shoulders, back and knees. Also has a removeable liner for summer and comes with velcro knee sliders.
    Comfie to commute in, too!

Daz. :wink:
  7. Another thread i started should be floating round somewhere.

Their website is very old and doesnt appear to have been updated in years. I've emailed them before and had no reply. I will try and call them and see if i have any better luck.
  8. i recently took a mate round to see craig, he walked out a VERY happy man, couldn't beleive what he managed to get for a little over the price of just a JACKET at the shops :grin: :LOL:

i'm pretty sure he still has a couple of 'monster' suits and i'm almost certain he has 'verona' in red. otherwise, the dyno jacket + plain black pants is a surefire winner, they only have the small zip at the back, but you get a nice comfy warm jacket with all the same armour.
  9. Hey Inc depending on how much your wife loves you, you could also look at second hand leathers, there is a place in Melbourne that does used ride day suits.

[url]www.rayquincey.com.au [/url]

10. I got my jacket from Rmgear. Just gave my measurements (as it shows on their webpage) and he sent it out within a few days.
    You get a discount if you show a Netrider membership card too :)
  11. Have just spoken to these guys and was impressed. Seems like a top bloke, and how can you argue with a race suit for $299!! I'll still look around a bit at some of the other suggestions, but given my current status with Mrs Incitatus I don't want to push my luck, so I have a feeling I'll end up back with these blokes. Thanks all....