Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who isn't going to GP & might want a ride Sat arv

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by doonx, Oct 14, 2005.

1. that'd be me !

anyone, anyone, anyone ?

2. oh you read my mind..... might be able to be talked into this, all depends on how tired i feel tomorrow, but hopefully shoudl be up for this.

Where were you thinking of going?

3. dunno, any ideas ? I've never been to the Otways, don't even know how far away they are ! I gotta do stuff to try and sell the XF in the morning, so def not before lunch. Anywhere really, I don't mind......

4. Me!

but you would need to be VERY beginner-friendly. Like REALLY beginner friendly - As in I'll have 3-4 hours on-road experience, if I'm lucky...

(picking it up at 9am, going riding straight away)

5. Take the good roads down to P.Island, soak up some atmosphere and have a pizza, and head home.

6. how far would that be ?

7. Depends where you start from, from Sorento it's only a quick blast and from Smith's beach it's just down the road :D

8. 300 odd km's return from your place

9. Might be up for this.... will check back here tomorrow...

10. Suggestion. (not recommended for beginners, especially the GP run. you get a lot of unpredictable behaviour in that lot)

Get to Cranbourne by 10 (check, I'm guessing) and join the GP run.

About five K past Grantville, you'll see a crossroad with a rign pointing right to Corinella. Go left. Follow the road up the valley and into the hills. (Caution. some tight bits with so-so sight lines. Take it easy) Follow your nose until the road ends at a T junction. Go left, through Archies Creek, and once again follow your nose. Over the ridges and through the valleys of the Sth Gippsland hills, the road is a bit tight in parts, caution is advised. The road ends at a T junction in Loch on the Sth Gippsland Hwy. Good coffee opposite. Left takes you back to Melb. If you go right, cross the bypass road and head up the hill, (keeping to the right at the first junction) a nice little road will take you to the fragrant sounding town of Poowong. Turn left, and negotiate a series of 40 k/h bends, followed by a straight bit and about 10 k of sweepers that bring you back to Lang Lang. Turn left at the roundabout to get back to the Highway.

(Alternative: turn right at Poowong. The road ends at a T junction with the Korumburra-Warragul road. Go left through some 'interesting' roads up to the Princes Hwy. Left back to the city, or pass through Warragul, and head through all the Neerims up toward Noojee. Close to Noojee is a left turn that takes you back through Powelltown to Yarra Junction. )

Enjoy.

11. I'm up for a ride on Sat since I'll be heading down to Phillip Island on Sunday morning.

What about meet up in St. Kilda peer.

Otway is after/next to Apollo Bay...so it would be closer to go to Phillip Island...haha

12. Otways - too far for an arvo ride .....

13. If you cant make motoGP (like me) then forget the crowds, traffic, & cops, ride north - up to Mt Macedon across to Daylesford via Trentham, some nice riding on any sunny afternoon out that way.

Don’t forget the scum of the roads (cyclists) will be doing their big ride thingy around the bay this weekend, avoid these lycra clad road scum at all costs.

14. sounds like a decent idea DuHAST :D

15. OK guys, I gotta run, check back here tomorrow late morning to see whats happening.

Big chance we'll go for a run up throught Dandenongs or Dayleford way I'd say

16. mate you have my number give me a call when you are ready to head off.... just give me about 30min notice

cheers stewy

17. just got back now

How about we head up toward Belgrave/Emerald way ?

18. OK = just spoke to Stewy

We're meeting at Floyd Parks Kawasaki on Ferntree Gully Rd at 1:00pm

Everyone welcome :D

19. If anyone would like to come along, probably leaving Cranbourne area around 3ish. PM (I'll check them around 2pm) or call me if your interested :)