Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Who is responsible for road markings on Heathcote rd?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Ljiljan, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Some twat who sits behind a desk and gets chauffeured to work has, in her infinite wisdom, changed a 1.5 kilometre straight road 100k limit from being broken lines to double lines. Who would be responsible for doing this?

A learner was sitting on 70-75. Three drivers managed to decide for themselves that they don't need to be told how to drive safely, that they can figure it for themselves, and overtook the rider this arvo. What was perfectly legal and safe a week ago is now completely illegal and anyone who does such an appalling act is clearly trying to eat their own children. Honestly, if this is a state labour thing, I swear they have thrown in the towel and are just trying trying to stuff things up as much as possible as a screw you gesture to the state.

2. Is this along the stretch where the dirt-riders often park? A damn shame if it is - I've taken my L-plate son driving along there before, safe in the knowledge that others may pass where appropriate while we're sitting on 80...
  3. If the lines have been changed it is for a reason. Not knowing the area, I think it's a fair guess that it is dangerous to pass there.

Just because you think it is safe does not make it so.
  4. nah not that far up. down towards new illawarra road intersection. Wouldn't surprise me if they keep it up until it's all the way though.

boy.toy: Stop channelling my brother. A precious royal highness sitting on a thrown with his head in the clouds can describe him well sometimes.