Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WHO is living in Sydney CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Katya, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hello strangers,
    I'm in CBD (Sydney). Just got my learners and need some help to ride around. I don't have any desire to ride in the city just need someone who is living close and can join for a ride late evening to ride somewhere where its quite.
    I know sounds boring but may be someone is interested.

2. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

I work in the city (Rialto) and Tue-Thur I don't usually finish till 6:30 or so... so it would be possible for me to meet you and go for a ride to a car park or quiet area.

Man that sounds dodgy. Maybe coz I've been watching Dexter.

Anyway back on topic, email me at ross [at] motorcyclingreview [dot] com if this would work for you.

More importantly, Saturday Morning there is a learner practice specifically for new riders needing to practice skills and make friends. There's a thread on it here somewhere, jump on and introduce yourself, there will be someone who will volunteer to meet you and convoy ride you in.

Welcome :)

3. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

depends...are you hot...and another condition for most Netrider members...is you must have a heartbeat....

4. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

Which city? There are people here from all over Australia, and Tasmania too.

5. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

When did Tassie secede?

6. Just after the mainland put the island up on eBay I think...

7. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

They think they're 'people' in Tasmania? That's cute.

8. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

If it's Melb CBD you're talking about, I'm pretty sure I'll be down this Saturday to the prac, I'll meet you in your area and ride in with you if you want a 'riding buddy'. I'm quite fond of riding through the city, strangely.

9. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

Ah, I didn't get it's all around Australia.
    I'm Sydney.

10. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

Well, I'm absolutely stunning... But .. I'm not looking for a BF here and its not a date site... Just need someone who is interested to join me. May be not as professional and in the same sort of situation, just more confident on the road.

11.  Top
  12. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

They think they have a city in Tasmania lol :p

13. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

I do a fair bit of recreational riding in Syd CBD late in the evening a couple times a week. Since your not after a BF, an old married fart might be just the thing your looking for ;) Send me a PM on here, I'm not real keen on flashing my email around. The learners session is a good suggestion too, some experienced tutors are there, its run out at Homebush Olympic park most Saturday mornings iirc. While I have been riding a little while, my teaching skills are pretty poor, I'm teaching daughters to drive in cages at the moment and find doing is much easier than teaching.

14.  Top
  15. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

that's ok, i'm engaged - still gotta look out for the other guys on NR...who are we to know what you're secretely here for unless we ask ! ....anyway bud best of luck...i loathe riding anywhere near the city. OH and welcome !

16. Re: WHO is living in CBD and can join for a ride in the evening?

Might be pushing it trying to make it into the Sydney CBD and back to St Kilda in Melbourne again before the 10am start on Saturday :p

Willing to try if you are stunning though 8-[

17. A few friends of mine sometimes ride to Bondi at various times of the week (evening)............

We have a chick out front and I usually stay behind enjoying the views ;-). Its a very loose group though, but catching up, having dinner and having a yarn besides the beach is always good............other than that, I normally go with a group to Putty on the weekends (L and P friendly).....your more than welcome to join.

18. no wonder there a few female members on this site

Katya, feel free to join the monthly putty run once you get some experience under your belt. Most of us are pretty civilized.

19. :-({|=

20. When you say a few, do you mean a "few" or a "few"?..........lots or less?