Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who in Sydney straightens Forks

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Zbike, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Who in Sydney straightens Forks
    pretty simple question realy. I know theres a machine not sure if i would get enough use out of it to justify buying it so im willing to pay someone else to do it.

BTW also still after someone who fixes brake discs

2. sean penn in artarmon straighten forks, 40 bucks per fork out of the bike. afaik no one in sydney fixes discs, but i have heard there is a bloke in melbourne will do it. im sure one of southern cousins will know where im talkin about and point in that direction
  3. Ok, u can get forks, frames, wheels and discs straightened at Alderton M/C repairs unit 2/ 10 Long st Smithfield 2164 or phone 96092889. Dave is an exceptionaly busy man and does a lot for the trade, so don't be surprised if there is a bit of a wait. His work is second to none!
    My company has been using them for many years to fix customers smashed bikes or to straighten bent rims caused by our "lovely " roads.
    Any ??'s just ask.
    Tex & Bundy
  4. thank you motoplast that information is buetifull.
    Will give them a call monday
  5. Are you sure the forks are bent? If the forks are just twisted in the triple clamps, sometimes if you just put the front wheel agains a post and push the other way will straighten them. Also for stubborn twists releasing the lower triple clams may help.
  6. Alderton do some great work. They fixed a RIM for me a couple of years back with a nasty dent in it.