Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

who (in syd) rode to work today

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Azamakumar, Mar 30, 2011.

1. and is looking forward to the ride home? http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65152.shtml

flash flooding and hail. about 50mm just got dumped on unsw in the last minute. fun, eh?

2. I just missed with a few sprinkle rain drops.
  3. Yeah dry and sunny here, got on the bike and went into town to check the post office.
    2kms that way *points* the sky is falling.
  4. I went for a quick 10 minute ride at about 2.30 (just bought first bike) and saw some dark looking clouds coming over fast. Glad I have a car to go to uni in today :).
  5. and now it's sorta clearing up again
    oh dear
  6. I'm sorry, this is obviously my fault: I believed the BOM this morning and left my wets at home...
  7. Gonna head home now - hope all is clear of hail between the CBD and inner west
  8. Looks to be all but gone now. Funny, I didn't seem to get that much where I am and I'm only a couple kms from UNSW. But there was a fair bit of lightning. Tried to get some photos but by the time the camera and tripod was out the lightning had stopped.
  9. I rode to work, returned around 1440 hrs. enjoying the lovely sun. Stepped out for a blat 15 min. later to be greeted by those ominous thunderclouds in the dark, brooding sky. So I just had to jump on the Gladiola. And what a soaking it was! Got drenched to the bone (y)

Pity it didn't last that long.
  10. I rode to work, switched from backpack to tankbag, and forgot to take my wet weather gear out of my backpack.

Was sunny, hot & nice blue sky went I went into a mates work around 2:30pm, I came back outside and it was bloody dark and cold. Gonna be fun on the way home - hasn't hit here too bad yte.
  11. Should be fine now, parker.
  12. Seems to be fine on northern Sydney now.
  13. Yeah, went back to blue skies, saw a few riders on the trip back.
  14. There's another one on its way. It's a fair way off yet, passing taralga now. But if you plan to ride in about an hour and a half keep an eye on it.
  15. hmm, get stuck in peak hr or ride through a monsoon

seems like a no brainer
  16. drove the car to work and back for lunch. Looked like such fine weather so I rode the bike back after lunch, and parked it outside.

Later that afternoon, i'm sitting watching the sky turn to night and the storm roll in. Goddamit, I even left the helmet attached to the bike.
  17. I rode.
    **** you BOM.
    You cant predict shit.
  18. raining?

was nice and dry when I started riding at 7pm :p

19. was nice and dry when i was riding at 8:15pm :)

was just a freak storm, i looked at it from inside my comfy dry store, only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. sky was BLACK! awesome :D