Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

who here is from newcastle?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bowser, May 5, 2008.

1. Lived here for about 5 years now and just got a bike a month ago. looking for people to go riding with.

2005 R1
  2. Where do you go riding? I used to live there, and the only place I can think of around there is to head out to the near end of the Putty Rd.
  3. haven't been up putty yet, went out paterson way on the weekend. but sadly it's mainly around town at the moment
  4. Wheelie down Hunter St? :grin:
  5. Welcome to NR. I live up Maitland Way but work in Newcastle just off Hannell St.

I'm recently back into biking after a long lay-off (children/health/moving countries etc) so I'm just finding my feet again. I've had the VFR for a couple of weeks and I've only done a few hundred k's, but seem to be remembering most of it - haven't injured myself or anyone else yet.

I've had some good rides out towards Dungog/Paterson and I'm up for a ride sometime soon if yer keen.
  6. yeah i'll be keen to go for a ride. VFR's are so nice, it was a toss up between a VFR or the R1, R1 won in the end as my wife wasn't too keen on hopping on the back.

let me know when your keen