Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who commutes on the Monash?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Fa1c0n, Jul 25, 2013.

1. I ride most days of the week on a black and blue Harley Davidson Forty-eight.
    Anyone seen me? Have I seen you?

Who are my comrades out there?

Also anyone thinking about commuting on the Monash - Ask me anything. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I do! Use to have to do it daily, but now only Tuesday-Wednesday :)
    I think I've seen your bike a couple of times
  3. Is your bike the one from your DP? The GSX?
  4. Yep :) was riding a black ninja up until a couple of weeks ago
  5. I don't think I have seen your GSX but I know ive seen a few black ninjas.
    Ill keep any eye out for you.

You will notice me - I have a green and black bandana and writing on my helmet.
    What helmet you have?

Updated my Avitar to be a better qual picture of the bike, so you can spot me next time you ride.

Hitting the road now - Will check this thread once I'm Home.
    Cya on the Monash!
  6. Will definitely keep an eye out! I've got a blue KBC full face, plus I'm usually in my green/black leather jacket so stand out easy
  7. An observation I've made recently is that there are a lot more cruisers on the Monash than on the Eastern. I ride the Eastern most days and find I'm one of very few cruiser riders out there. There are plenty of bikes, but they're all sport bikes. When I head out on the M1 though, I'm suddenly just one among many. What's with that?
  8. Yeah I've noticed that as well. HEAPS of cruisers in morning peak, with a couple of sport tourers/nakeds, and a sports bike or two occasionally
  9. Well the Monash comes up from Frankston, Dandenong, Cranbourne and so on.... All suburbs that I would say suit the Harley Davidson Demographic...
    If you get what I mean.

At the time I go up though I normally only see nakeds and sports (About 8:15am 8:30am) But I left a little earlier today and suddenly HD's everywhere!
    Even some patched clubman on a bagger.

Anyway, I would say I am pretty "Zippy" in the morning traffic. :p
  10. Ill be on the monash tommorow yellow and black cbr929rr
  11. Think I've seen you before.
    Might see ya there. Do filter at high speed?

Also what time approx?
  12. I do, but you wouldent have seen me in particular This is my first time on the monash with this bike

13. fair enough... keep an eye out for me, if I see you I'll hang around you for a bit. Ride safe mate...
  14. always do mate, what time are you usually on there?
    • Like Like x 1

15. East link north bound from frankston: 800am till 810ish am

Monash from 810am - hard to tell how long because the traffic is so wildly variable.

TIP: make sure you are in the right most lane Before toorak road, it always stops the left lane and people get retarded.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Very true ill be at work by then though ill be on there at about 7:15
    • Like Like x 1
  17. darn... oh well might see you around some time.
  18. aye, pretty well every day. Big guy on a Red CB500F with black helmet and black top box and usually a high vis jacket. Oh, and an L plate :)
  19. I am on the Monash most workdays from Narre Warren to the CBD, times vary. 7 to 8-8.30 depends whats on at work.
  20. I'm in narre warren myself, might bump into you at the on-ramp (y)