Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Who can remove a snapped bolt?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Caltrocity, Sep 27, 2013.

1. A bolt on my CBR250R MC19 snapped off a while ago because I stupidly mistook it for the sump (ultimate facepalm). Realise after I heard the snap and looked where the bolt led to and felt like clawing my eyes out for the stupidity (although I chose the correct bolt first, I asked my mate to confirm and he told me the bottom one which was just a bolt that holds the waterpump on).

Anyway what shop can remove snapped bolts. There is only about 1mm of it showing so it's almost clean off, which means I need someone to drill it out? What kind of shop does this? Roughly how much? btw bolt ultimately connects to the engine block :l but all fluids are already drained

2. If it's a mild steel bolt you could drill a hole in it and use an easy out. If you aren't up to that any decent garage should be able to do it.