Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Pompy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Have been asked if I want to head up to Whitfield for a weekend in October, is it worth riding up? Is it a good place to explore on a road bike?

2. Yes Yes Yes :)

The Mansfield to Whitfied run is considered a signiture bike run. Better yet get to Mansfield by the Eildon Jamieson road and you have a recipe for fun.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I went to Whitfield back in Feb, with a dozen riders via Eildon, on the way to Mt Hotham and onto Mitta Mitta. Decent enough roads around the Whitfield area, but unfortunately can't name any of them.
  4. Thanks guys will be exploring on my own while the GF is at a training course, think I will score some points and head up there for the weekend, the ride there may be a bit of a drag tho.....
  5. Always an opportunity: Via Koo Wee Rup, Launching Place Healsville, Black Spur, Eildon Jamieson road, Mansfied, Whitfield. A good run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thanks heaps for that cjvfrcjvfr
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Of course Mr Plod knows it's popular too, particularly the Black Spur.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You can go straight through whitfield and go to cheshunt , chuck a right and go up to lake william hovel , is a dead end at the lake but nice little lake to have a look at , then head back to whitty pub turn left and off to mansfield , when heading to eldoin very busy road with lots of bikes and cars , be carefull and a shit load of hair pins , but awesome ride , Leroy
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yy.

Definitely !! Gorgeous road with beautiful scenery .Been through there once as a pillion and once on my own bike ..cant wait to go through there again!!!
  10. Berries at the top if your lucky, watch out for wombats :D
  11. The stars are aligning, just working on access, but it looks like I am Whitfield bound :woot:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Well that access was actually accom, which is now booked!!!!! Twisties and Gastro pub here I come, ohhh and the GF too of course (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Onya PompyPompy, you're going to love it, one of my fav stretches of road and am doing it again in a few weeks on my Bright trip. Remember to post up some pics too. Check out the Grim Reaper on the motorbike as you cruise through Tolmie.

Enjoy :playful:
  14. When are you looking at going?
  15. Mick MMick M I'll be heading off at about 5ish on the 2nd October, taking the route cjcfr posted, lots of stops and lots of pics, with the real camera. I'll have 3 days in Whitfield to explore on my own while the GF is at her course, can't wait!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I'm tipping you'll go via Rose River to Myrtleford, I'd be keen to know the condition of that road. Pics if possible? Cheers.
  17. NedNed I don't know the area, but have been looking on google earth and that route looks good for a trip to do
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Well the time has come, the bike is all packed, the camera is on board with some new filters too!!!! Early start tomorrow and I'll be on my way, and I've aced it with the forecast!!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  19. You will have a ball, if you are doing the full route I linked above then stop from time to time for a rest and some pictures. Enjoy!
  20. Bike, beer and babe.

Can't get any better.