Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Whitfield to Teesdale

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Mr Flibble, Dec 29, 2008.

1. G'day

Niecey and I will be staying s few days with a mate of mine in Teesdale after the Long Way to Whitfield ride.

Was thinking of going this way.

Any local advice (good spots to stop, any touristy detours or different route suggestions) much appreciated.

Oh, and anyone want to join us on a day trip to the Grampians? 13th or 14th.

2. not sure about all of it, but mansfeild to whitfeld is an amazing road, i would do it over and over if i didnt live in sydney... i was in a cage (honda s2000 so still good fun) but it was the best bit of my melbourne - sydney run yesterday.

3. A mate of mine lives in teesdale too.... If you haven't been down the GOR, its definately worth a ride... during a weekday is best :) I'd be happy to show you around if its on the weekend.... :)

4. G'day

Thanks for the offer. Think I might have to be back home for the W/E (17th). I have driven the GOR, so have an idea what it's like. We'll probably go for a bit of a run on it :)

see this also.

Cheers

5. Hi Jazzfan, Your route from Whitfield to Teesdale is a great one, I have done all those roads and there are some pearlers. Tretham to Ballan is great fun and usually light traffic. Ditto for Broadford, Strath Creek Yea.

If you want to do the Black Spur on the way you can cut back through Alexandra and Taggerty. Then from Healesville take the Chum Creek road through to King Lake, King Lake West and rejoin your orginal route up near Hazeldene.

Have fun. :)

6. Thanks - I'm sure we will :grin: Will consider the black spur, but might be better doing it on the way home (on a weekday)

Cheers

7. Powers Lookout is worth a look.
    Great views of the King Valley about 15k from Whitfield towards Tolmie.