Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Whippet passed!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Pinx, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Well well... another ex L-plater. She's kept it quiet but she passed last Friday :dance:

Congratulations Jen!!!!

2. Congrats Jen!! ^^

3. Congrats Whippet. Well done. :)

4. Awwwww thanks,

I was trying to keep a low profile. I feel like an adult now - well nearly :wink: . I ripped that Nanna plate off as quick as I could. That bright yellow colour was really clashing with my red bike :p

I felt very sorry for the poor instructors. They thought I couldn't ride. The truth is that I couldn't. Those cb's were so different to the VTR. I couldn't get my foot in to change gears so I was forever looking down just kicking hoping to get into a gear ....any gear. Hoping back on my bike at the end of the day was like putting on my favourite old pair of trackies.....heaven.

Then I just had to face the extreme winds going over the Bolte home :shock:

Jen

5. Congrats Whippet - now the learning really starts. Enjoy

6. Congrats.
    Yeah the test is surprisingly scary
    i think coz we want it so bad!
    lol

7. Good on you!
    That's why I reckon doing the test on your bike is the best, no matter what sort of bike it is, you know it VERY well.
    Edit: I did my test on a 29 year old Kawsaki and passed because I knew that bike.

Regards, Andrew.

8. Congrats Whippet on passing. Let the countdown begin.

9. :WStupid: hehehe.
    Congrats :grin:

10. Hey noice one!

11. congrates :)

12. Congrats [IMG:42:27:67bb387af0]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/wings.gif[/img:67bb387af0]

13. Woohoo! good one Whippet :grin:
    god i hate the bolte. when i first started riding i had to go over on the 250 - got blown almost 3 lanes across cos i wasn't sure how far to lean into the wind yet :LOL:

14. Congratulations, now begins another long period, so much to learn, so many possibilites to consider. Stay safe and enjoy the L-Plate-less world :)

15. Thanks guys,

Now I have to start saving again...for the next bike. There's too much choice. At least i'll have a year to decide.

Two years ago I would never have thought I'd be spending all my spare time (and cash) on motorbikes. What did I do with my time before? And where did all that money go? :?

Carri27 I know what you mean about the Bolte Bridge. I'm wondering if it's worth putting a little windsceen on and if it will be worth it. I've been going on longer rides lately (200-300km) and find the wind a drag if i'm going at 100ks or more.

I went on the Hart instructed Reefton ride on the weekend (with Pinkxie)which was great fun. I learnt a bit more about cornering and buffering and can't wait to get out there again. One of the instructors was my instructor on my Licence. Thankfully he didn't remember how crap I was :LOL:

Loz you will be happy I've been practising my figure 8s. Still doesn't look anything like swan lake though :LOL:

Jen

16. Thanks guys,

Now I have to start saving again...for the next bike. There's too much choice. At least i'll have a year to decide.

Two years ago I would never have thought I'd be spending all my spare time (and cash) on motorbikes. What did I do with my time before? And where did all that money go? :?

Carri27 I know what you mean about the Bolte Bridge. I'm wondering if it's worth putting a little windsceen on and if it will be worth it. I've been going on longer rides lately (200-300km) and find the wind a drag if i'm going at 100ks or more.

I went on the Hart instructed Reefton ride on the weekend (with Pinkxie)which was great fun. I learnt a bit more about cornering and buffering and can't wait to get out there again. One of the instructors was my instructor on my Licence. Thankfully he didn't remember how crap I was :LOL:

Loz you will be happy I've been practising my figure 8s. Still doesn't look anything like swan lake though :LOL:

Jen

17. There's quite a few screen posibbilities for the ubitiquous VTR, including, I think, a genuine Honda one. But they DO make a difference on a longer trip; just taking the buffeting of the wind off your chest makes for a much more relaxed ride.....

18. Thanks Paul,

Will check it out. Do you have a screen on your Hornet? And if so does it make much difference?

Jen

19. Congrates Whippet Stay safe and ride well

20. Jen! From what I noticed on the toy ride today, you've come quite a ways in a short time.

I had to keep eyes on other newbies and the way they rode... but not yourself. Well done!

A natural :)

Cheers

Rob