Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which training course?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by philmydang, Jul 4, 2011.

1. So I'll be off my restrictions in a few months and looking to upgrade, but I figured it'd be a wise idea to invest some money in a training course to sharpen up my skills. I ride a cruiser (honda vt600) and would be upgrading to a larger capacity cruiser, so I've got no intention of getting a knee down or any racer type antics. Just really looking to be a better/safer rider before I buy a shiny new machine and wreck it.

Stay upright intermediate or advanced? or anything else for that matter. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the Stay Upright intermediate course, but would like to hear any other opinions you guys might have.

ps is there any wisdom in doing this now on a bike I won't have for much longer? Or should I do it on my new bike when it arrives

2. The advanced is pretty easy dont be intimedated by the word advanced.
    at the prices they charge dont waste your time with intermediate training.

3. Cheers, I was wondering what the point of the intermediate course was given that it states that riders of all skill levels are welcome at both the intermediate and advanced courses

4. I've done the intermediate. It is a great course as a follow up from the learners or license course in the first 5000km IMO. It teaches some of the skills more suited to actually being on the roads than just the learner or license course.

Also, it is approved by most insurers. One of the issues with many of the courses out there is that they offer no insurance which tends to have me a bit cautious. My bike just isn't something I am comfortable riding on without insurance coverage.