Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which tool to unscrew?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Cris, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Attached pic is of the bolt (?) holding the throttle assembly onto the handlebar of my CB500X. I can just about remove it carefully using snubby pliers, but it looks like it would be harder to replace it that way.

Anyone know what the right tool for this would be?

Attached Files:

2. is that what your bar end screws into? if so give it a wiggle and it should come out. unless of course you have damaged it in a drop the you are up for a new one
  3. Yes, it's what the bar screws into. So does the bar end expand it? Anyway, thanks, I'll try wiggling it out. Just assumed it was threaded into something.
  4. if its damaged it might be a pitarse to get out, anyways give it a go and see what happens
  5. Got it! Once I realised there's a little spring clip holding it in it was easy. Undamaged too (a minor drop, but enough to bend my handlebars, hence the current operation).

Thanks. I might have twiddled that round and round with pliers for hours ...
  6. goodo have fun mate
  7. I'm not sure fun is the word (mechanical aptitude of a sea urchin), but I want my bike back ..
  8. Maybe, but you're asking the right questions and people are giving you the answers and you're learning some stuff along the way it's all good.
  9. Yep. Making myself learn about maintenance and repairs was a quid pro quo I signed myself up to when treating myself to a bike.

All done. Was pretty easy, and (yay) I now have a functional machine.