Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which sounds better, VTR or VFR?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by TRX 850, Nov 14, 2007.

1. As I have had these bikes side by side to compare the sound they produce, which one has the deeper rumble sound, a VTR or VFR?

2. Y'know I've never actually heard a VTR 250 properly... But seeing as I've just bought a VFR800 and am in a bit of blind fanboyism over it, and as the engine is bigger etc I'll say the VFR.
  3. The VFR is a more efficient engine (higher BMEP) - so less noise but more power. If you like noise the VTR1000 with aftermarket cans is definitely the winner - just ask Vic.
  4. I'd have to say it depends on what mods have been done to the VFR's airbox :)

The induction sound can be pretty awesome.

Both bike's sounds have different merits, hard to compare which sounds best as I think I'd be a personal thing. But if you're talking about typically loudest, def. the vtr.
  5. Hssy - I think TRX means the VTR1000f (Fire Storm), not the VTR250 ;)

What sounds better is a personal choice. Are you talking OEM Cans, or aftermarket. If aftermarket, in order to get a fair comparison you'd have to compare the same aftermarket cans on each bike.

The V-Twin of the Fire Storm sounds pretty awesome and is plenty loud! The V4 rumble of the Viffer is an unmistakable refined growl.

Pick your own :grin:
  6. Yes I vote for the VTR250 as the VFR just sounds ghey.

Hear that mini monster rOArrrrrrr

:LOL: :p

edit: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    edited to increase sarcasm
  7. Night shift... blame it on the night shift...

8. a VTR250 sounds better than a V4 VFR ??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

again, I'm sure he meant the Fire Storm, not the 250.....
  9. Yes Honda have had quite a long history of making bikes that really do suck :p :LOL:.
  10. apologies doonx I guess my :LOL: :p emoticons did not reflect enough sarcasm. have edited post above.
  11. What does it matter? You have a TRX!!!

:p Two wheeled music...
  12. The VTR, like most V-twins is like Barry White...oh so smooooth, oh soooo seeeexy..but Barry is carrying a sledgehammer to make sure you pay attention.

The VFR is like Hunters & Collectors, playing that classic rock but doing it differently. Not everyone gets into the Hunters but no one can doubt they rock.

I've got a Tuono and a VFR in the garage and both sound good to my ear. :cool:
  13. V-twin (incl. L-twin) = auditory delight

Other engine types = auditory compromise
  14. firestorm
  15. Definately a firestorm. Especially mine.

Custom baffles and complete with packing thats rooted so the bike is twice as loud as it was when I got it..................

To quote the legend himself "aaaand, loving it"
  16. :WStupid:
  17. Trexx has the sexiest rumble with decent cans that is only matched by a ducati on full song.
    firestorm rumble shits all over the vfr growl.
  18. Gotta go with the 'storm for aural pleasure when it comes to 'rumble'.
  19. :WStupid: