Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which Riding book should I buy?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by nightgash, Apr 27, 2007.

Performance Riding Techniques

SMOOTH RIDING The Pridmore Way

TOTAL CONTROL – High Performance Street Riding Techniques

I'm thinking 'Performance Riding Techniques' as I got to read the first few chapters in the Fast Bikes mag and its amazing with looks of comments and tips from great racing riders, it is only really track orientated though.
  2. Hmm if I buy off amazon I can get all of them for around $100. I think I might do that
  3. TOTW2 is excellent, but from the list I'd recommend Total Control by Lee Parks. That's a great book with lots of good diagrams etc to reinforce strong theory. TOTW2 is quite focused in its intent, where Total Control covers a much broader range of bike control and uses some Keith Code theory as well.

I've got a PDF of sport riding techniques but I haven't been too inspired by what I've skimmed so far, I think I need to print it out and stick it near the dunny, that's the only way things get read round at my place.
  4. :WStupid:
    I have Total Control and TOTW2. Total Control is an easier read and more focused. TOTW2 has more in it but it takes a long time to digest it all.
    So get both. Total Control for a quick fix and TOTW2 for the longer term.
  5. Proficient Motorcycling by Dave Hugh

Thats another excellent book which teaches how to survive on the road.

Now, which book should you get? Easy answer

All of them!

The more you read and educate yourself the better off you will be.

I started off with TOTW2 and Proficient Motorcycling and build up from there.
  6. And if you're unsure about whether they're worth buying, drop in at your library first Nightgash - I didn't check the others but they've got a copy of A Twist of the Wrist vol 2.
  7. Oh dam I bought all of them except "TOTAL CONTROL – High Performance Street Riding Techniques " :eek:
  8. theres a copy of Sport riding techniques floating around somewhere.. i could probalbly dig it up.. pm me if ur after a copy.
  9. Sorry I bought that one off amazon.com it was pretty cheap too compared to the above links i listed above only like $16 USD
  10. I also like the British Police Rider's Handbook for safety and survival strategies.