Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which pipe? Help me decide?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by fekkinell, Jan 5, 2012.

1. So... it's four bolts, can be switched in 10mins, yet I can't decide. I took the carbon fibre pipe off because just going to the shops sounds like I'm trying to jump start the planet and can send you deaf in one ear in no time at all, but it looks awesome. The stock pipe sounds like liquid silk being poured over a purring supermodel, but looks like a piece that fell off the back of someone's toilet.

I think I know what I should do here... but I need help making the call... Should I reattach the carbon fibre machine gun, or stick with ugly finesse?

2. Carbon fibre. Or if you're in that much love with the sound of the stock, why not paint it or wrap it in carbon fibre?
  3. If you think the stock sounds better, do as hack says and just paint it and dress it up. I think Takamii sells carbon fibre or something?
  4. How long has the Slip-op been on? Repacking could quiten it.
  5. I'm not a fan of CF stuff. Can you get your OEM can polished, perhaps?
  6. So... I went with the carbon fibre pipe again. Looks the goods, especially after spending the whole day polishing the bike. :grin:
  7. If the pipe is old then a repack could be the fix, or a removable baffle. It's a megacycle pipe, and if you drop into the workshop (or call) in keysborough I'm sure Ken can help you out.
    • Like Like x 1