Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which News Story Shocked You The Most ?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by 2up, May 24, 2009.

?
  1. The Swine Flu pandemic.

100.0%
  2. The Matty Johns sex scandal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Clare - The racist bogan.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Aussie mum bar mat incident.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Drunk yobo attacks umpire.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It appears that the public just can't get enough of these stories.
    Hopefuly this poll will highlight the most popular so the media can supply you with your all time favourites more often.

2. No shocks. Couldn't give a toss about any of it really. Except for Clare the Bogan of course, but only because she's a dumb biatch who made me laugh ;)

3. There should also have been a none of the above.
    None of those "stories" are shocking.

4. i call bullshit on that!

we're at the mercy of the crap that they dish out. i think, in the last media watch, there was a rant that was spot on about tabloid journalism etc.

5. YOU FORGOT THE POO ICECREAM! Shame on you!
    :p

6. We really need to demedia these things. The more legs you give them with posts like this, the more the media sees their work making the rounds and the more of it they give out.

7. I was in that Aussie Bar in Phuket while I was over there :grin:

All the pictures of it I see they have Crownies in the fridge... they didnt have shit when i was there in Jan :(

8. I'm with you 100% on that mate

9. How quickly we forget the the hundreds of replies, thousands of views and the heated debates the netrider dudes gave to these subjects. :wink: :wink:

10. Claire was awesome. I'm the most PC of old lefties, but I *still* think Claire was awesome.

11. They were amusing but not shocking.
    You asked which one shocked us and that answer is none.

12. +1

The only story I have found "shocking" in recent times - actually it filled me with horror - is the one about the guy who threw his daughter off the bridge.

13. Dumb, stupid and even occasionally entertaining - but none of them are shocking.

There's plenty of genuinely shocking stuff around - if these were the genuinely most shocking stories around then the world would be a better place.

14. Hmmmmmmm. I will write to all the media outlets to get them to lift their game.
    Funny, but I thought the sex scandal would have rated higher.

15. I honestly wanted to slap that chick, can't stand fkn bogans.

The other 2 dudes are heaps funnier imo.

Jake - had seen enough.

and the other dude saw the gun, it was awesome!

16. I would have voted for Claire the drunk bogan chick but she didn't sell her nude photos to people magazine yet :roll:

17. that was gold :LOL: :LOL:

18. None of it i found shocking, though Clare-The-Bogan made me laugh so hard i was going to wet myself.

Actually, is it just me, or does anyone else find most of the headlines lame and puerile? The Matty Johns Sage and the like seemed like a media feeding frenzy to cash in on someones stupid mistakes, as like the Phuket Mum?

:?

19. I think the media are missing out on a ratings here..

What we need on TV is a wrestling match between Phuket Mum and Octo Mum... no holds barred :LOL:

20. Great idea but the really sad part is that it would rate very well.