Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Which is better QBE or NRMA?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by pengo, Jul 30, 2012.

1. G'day

Due to the make, model of my bike and my claim history I am limited to NRMA or QBE for my 3rd party property damage insurance.

Which is the better insurance company to deal with?

2. What bike do you own?

Alot of people have used QBE on here and are very happy with claims & premiums.
  3. 91 honda cbr250rr

4. Been happy with QBE but no claims yet (touch wood)... Get quotes from both of them and check the fine print, see what's included. At the end of the day your situation will be unique to you, and one size doesn't always fit all.
  5. I'm sure there was another thread like this just a couple of days ago.

Here's the short version.

Contact both companies, get a copy of their policies, read them, make up your own mind.

What suits me, may not suit you. For me NRMA is just too expensive.

6. yes, i agree with you.
  7. Im with QBE and had my bike stolen, ended up with a new one. My bike was around 14 months old and it also had a decent amount of money spent on it which was all on the policy so I also go $2000 on top of that. At first they tried to give me less for the mods but when I showed them how much it would cost to replace everything they fixed the value of the mods. I cant complain because I guess at the end of they day they will always try and save money if they can but they didnt have any problems replacing the bike or giving me the correct amount for the mods once I showed them the cost of replacement. NRMA would be OK I guess but they dont like insuring motorcycles so expect a stupidly large premium from them or maybe they just didnt like me. 8-[