Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which helmet should I choose

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rocket01, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Hi people

I am trying to decide between the AGV stealth (either arabesque or dragon graphic or the KBC vr2r (wizard graphic). I have tried both on, feel similar. Is one of them quieter than the other? any quality issues that may separate the 2. Your help will be much appreciated. I have owned a KBC before I was happy with it.

2. The uk government has done comparative safety testing of helmets and results are available at http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

The AGV is a 5 star helmet, the KBC is only 2. This would make me tend towards the AGV.
  3. Cheers for that, I think that just answered my question
  4. The Helmet that fits best....
  5. 1000000000000% correct!!!

I bougth my shark because of how it looked not how it fitted and I ended up selling it on ebay because it didn't fit right!

Then I went in a tried 10 lids "regardless of brand" and made a decision based on what was the most comfortable & offered the best ventiliation for me.

I walk away with the Shoei XR1000 and am so much happier despite taking a hit in the side pocket for the Shark RSR2.

The same could also be said for anything really. No matter how much you like the look of something, sooner or later those small things about it you ignore will piss you off!

The mistake

the rectification
  6. Girlfriends for example.
  7. Only Nolan fits my head shape...

hint hint.. If it fits buy it.
  8. i bought a KBC VR2R Reaper today because it seemed to fit well. just looks really big :p
  9. I also have an RSR2 and fits great - I love it, love the look and love the fit - maybe my head is odd :)

The RSR2 also gets a 5 star rating from the Sharp Safety Helmet Scheme