Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which clip-ons should I choose

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Justin Stacks, Feb 19, 2014.

1. #1 Justin Stacks, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    I have to buy new clip-ons for my ZX6RR Trackie as one side is very slightly bent.

I can get a really good deal on OEM, or I can go with the Renthal's for $100 more.

Are there any major differences between Renthal's and OEM, or is it worth paying extra for the Renthal's?

The price for the OEM is actually really good as it's over $200 cheaper than the retail price, as I am purchasing them used - but just wondering if any pro's with going with Renthal's?
  2. I have had Renthal clip on's in the past, and to be honest, found nothing special about them. Mabey apart from the weight difference over OEM. ( Steel V Aluminuim ) And also, the bar separates from the clip, so in your case, if just one side is bent, you can replace just the one bar, without having to buy a set. There are tons of clip on's for sale on E Bay, if you don't want to go OEM.
  3. RENTHAL - Adjustment marks on bars and clamps, 7 degree angle. I run them on both my R1s. I've adjusted mine wider and further forward, a lot more comfortable for me than stock and if you stack it you won't have to drop a fork leg to change a clip on, just 2 screws and replace the bar then your back out there. 20131026_140636s.
    • Informative Informative x 2