Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which blade?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by snowy, May 18, 2009.

1. Hey Gang,

Have been considerin gettin a fireblade in recent months, has anyone here had any experience with them? Have heard they use a bit of oil.

Kinda thinkin a 92 model from an investment perspective, but really like the 94/5/6/7 paint schemes, but the more I read, it seems the 954 02/03 ones are the real treat, however the later models prices make them prohibitive atm...

Anyway, any info on experiences is greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. Of the earlier models, if you have to live with it day to day, putting on some road miles, make sure it's had a 17" wheel conversion. Out of the 929 and 954, pick the 954. Pay extra for an '06-07 over the '04-05. This generation is a little heavier.

There's no such thing as investment when it comes to these bikes, but there's some great buying at the moment - you could find a shiny 954 for around $7K, and '06 1000s are going for well under $10K.

3. I'd get either the blue and white one or the black one. I've heard that the ones that sound really really hot and have R1 stickers on them are top sh!t :)

4. On that note, bought a new R1 yet Andy? :) Austest results due in a few weeks, should be interesting...I reckon it'll be slower than the 'blade around the track.

5. Nah. I'm sorta toying with the idea of aquiring a crashed one, adding some MX bars and seeing what happens. (I drop every single bike I own so I can't see the point of paying extra for a pristine example :grin: ) Could take a while to eventuate but :)