Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which bike to buy?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by hotdog, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

Im new to this forum. I have been looking around the forum and trying to find a bit more info on some bikes. I have been test riding over the last few weeks and im not in a rush to jump into buying a bike as im waiting on finance. I took a 2009 zx10r for a spin twice and was very impressed with the power delivery and how it felt. Took an 2009 YZFr1 for a ride also and wasnt too impressed due to heat of underseat exhaust and power delivery wasnt as exciting as the ninja. I also took a GSXR-750 for a ride and i enjoyed it but im not sure about it? Im just wondering if anyone on here owns a new zx10r or GSXR-750 or 1000.

I love the supersports bikes and cant take my eyes of them. would just like to hear if anyone has anything good or bad to say about these bikes. The guy at the GSXR dealer offered me $15,500 for a brand new (white) 09 GSXR 750 (without hagling). $16,500 for a 2010 GSXR 1000 (blueish colour). Do they seem like good deals.
  2. They're all good bikes. What have you been riding up to now, and what's your experience? That will have some influence on what is the best bike for you.

I suspect the R1 has every bit as much poke as the ZX, but delivers it in a higher rev range, where you might not have got to during a test ride...

They're all good bikes, and the differences are as much of taste as 'best bikeness': best bike for you, your purposes and your riding style rather than in some absolute sense.

I'll give you the advice I give everyone: seriously consider buying a 2 year old second-hand bike rather than a new one. Let someone else eat thousands of dollars in depreciation. Your call, of course, but particularly if you're unsure, it's good advice: last thing you want to do is buy something, decide in 6 months it's not ideal for you and lose a heap of cash.