Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which Bike Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JoelC, Mar 20, 2016.

1. 2016 Triumph Bonneville Street Twin

0 vote(s)
  2. 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure

0 vote(s)
  3. 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

4 vote(s)
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
  1. I thought I would ask you guys and girls for an opinion. I need a bike that I can commute on, have fun on the weekend with and do a little bit of touring.I am looking at keeping it for the long term (5 years or more).

I have narrowed down the choices to a 2016 bonneville street twin demo ($13800) ,a 2013 ktm 1190 adventure with 22000 kilometres ($17000) or a lightly modified 2013 street triple r with 2500 kilometres (10300).I am looking at spending under $18,000.

I am a larger guy that is 183cm, 100kg and am 24 years old, have ridden them all but am having a very difficult time as they are all awesome in their own way. But which one is the best all rounder?Also if anyone has first hand experience in regards to servicing,costs of ownership and information etc. That would be awesome or if you have any suggestions as long as they aren't sport bikes (gsxr,cbr,etc).
  2. I'm a bit biased but i think the supernaked is the way to go. Nice and comfy unbelievsble handling and brakes and throw a bag on the back and still do a bit of touring. I just did 1800ks over 3 dsys for the jindy meetup wasnt sore at all. I have done similar trips on sport bikes snd its akiller only thing they might be a bit out of your price range.
  3. 3 very different bikes. I'm assuming you're not on L's and can ride anything? If so, what did you have before and how did you like that "style"? Which of the current ones float your boat the most? I'd think the striple is the best alto under there, but really it boils down to what you like.
  4. Street triple for me. KTM's not floating my boat, and if I wanted a proper retro naked bike, it'd have to be a CB1100, because, you know....It's the best looking bike ever made (fact) :rolleyes:
  5. Before this i haven't owned any bike although i have had my full licence for 4 years.I used to buy and modify scooters (ie tmax,sr50 etc).I am open to any style really that why i am finding the decision so damn hard because an not biased to any particular style.
  6. Longer test rides required....
    And consider what your most use will be - commuting?
  7. Yeah about 75% commuting,20% weekend fun and 5% touring.
  8. Ninja 1000 mate , no it's not a sports bike either