Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which Bike Mag?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Personality47, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hello :)
    I'm still new here.
    I was just wondering what bike mags people read / drool over. I think I'm looking more into road/sports bikes.

2. amcn and 2wheels, but i don't buy every issue of either mag
  3. BIKE (UK) is compulsory READING in my world; you can still be reading it a few days after you buy it, as opposed to some other mags where you can read them in 20 minutes....
  4. Yeah I read AMCM - brilliant reads most pages. As said above, I dont buy it every week or f/n when ever it comes out, and it takes me a while to read too. Really good value for 7.50 I think it is.
  5. thanks. ill have to check those out :)
  6. I like motorcycle trader, has good articles plus classifieds in one
  7. read them in the supermarket while the wife shops
  8. and grab a handfull of cashews while your at it
  9. i occasionaly but australia road rider, its ok, usually got a few good articles... but, dont buy it often as i dont find it hugely engrossing and can get through it pretty quick.
  10. I bought 2 wheels last month for a dollar extra due to a free mag. I bought it, thought whatever. Open it an it was the feb issue as the freebie. Paid a dollar for a magazine I already paid 8 bucks for. Mildly amused at how desperate they are to push their circulation figures. Last one I will buy for a while.
    They are all about the same I reckon, go by cover pic
  11. AMCN is cheap via subscription, but its never ever on time, its ok for the most part. They are the biggest, so I guess they have the most money to spend, get invites to launches first etc. I've also got a subscription to Rapid, which I quite like. Aussie road rider is good, but it is definately aimed toward the older touring style rider, how its written etc. Not a bad thing, just how it is.
  12. Motorcycle Trader has some really good articles in it each month.

Cycle Torque does well for a magazine that is free!

I bought Rapid once only becuase they reviewed all the latest and greatest 600xx super sports bikes which got me a little moist
  13. Now that the internet can be a source for most of the new bike reviews and the rundown of the racing I buy Rapid for mainly the bike p0rn. Sometimes ARR for the great road reports and ideas on where to tour.