Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which bike for a newbie addvice needed

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by andrew8683, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Hey all. been hunting around for idea's for my first road bike forgive me for sounding like a complete newbie ( probably cause i am) I dont have any mates into riding so trying to get ideas is hard! Iv formally had a few big dirt bikes Last one was a 91 model XT600 which i did the usual changed the bars sprockets and suspension.
    Im in the process of getting my licence (again) I didn't renew it last time it came up so According to vic roads i have to start again.

What i really need is addvice on which bike to buy? im a biggish sorta bloke and looking for something that's not to sporty can be pushed hard at times but reasonably comfortable for longer rides Maby im asking to much?

Im thinking i need a sports tourer if thats what you call them ?also something thinking around a 600 cc. Im not fussed by looks, have a budget of around 3- 5 grand
    and want something reasonably comfy for longer rides
    Any ideas would be much appreciated

thanks Heaps!

Andrew

2. GSX600 LAMS, GS500, DR650, SV650 LAMS will all do the needful to a greater or lesser extent. GSX is probably the closest to what could be described as a sports tourer. DR and GS will be easiest to find in your price range.

3. Thank you , at least i know where to start