Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Which aftermarket rear brake pads please?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by tailsy, Feb 20, 2010.

1. 1) it's a 250
    2) it's the rear brake
    3) refer points 1 & 2

cheap, nasty, rear brake pads. front pads make the real difference on a sports bike. i highly doubt you'll notice any difference between any of the brands, pad material, etc, on the back.

on my 250 i ran simple, cheap, off the shelf, aftermarket pads and they were fine for what the bike (and I) were capable of.

just my $0.02.
  2. So do you think the cheapest organic rear pads that I can find is the way to go??
  3. I tend to agree.
    However, I feel it's time you caught up Dave ....
    2c just aint worth jack these days, You gotta allow for CPI :p
  4. I have those on my TRX at the moment (the sintered metal ones), they are fine. I've nothing to compare them to though, I have no idea what was on the bike when I bought it. They certainly stop me though, & they are fine for the price.
  5. There is a lot of generic crap and counterfeit bits on the net,I wouldn't go there,I like EBC HH pads and for less than $100 why risk it.BTW rear brakes are a useful thing,it all helps
  6. Less than $100 is a lot different to $15. Also SHEPPO made some good points.