Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wheres the lap counter??

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by ChrisBurke, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Is there anyone else out there who wondered where the lap counter was during last nights channel 10 coverage of the MotoGP?

I realise that channel 10 only makes do with the footage they are given, but I am still very dissapointed that they cant run a lap counter in the corner of the screen.

Half the reason for watching the coverage is to enjoy the racecraft/strategy of the riders - especially in the 250s with our Stoner - he made his run right at the end... but how would we have known what he was doing?? Everytime I looked for the lap counter - not there!!

Thats my piece... anyone else?

2. Stoner made his move into the lead with 3 laps to go. The lap counter isn't there permantely but does show up periodically, usually after every lap or a major overtaking move etc. It was there trust me
  3. Yeah I know its there periodically... when something 'major' happens...

And I think that Stoner actually started his run a lap to early... with the rest of them catching and passing him with a lap to go... fortunately he benefited from the others battling behind him for the last few turns...
  4. Yeah i agree, he should have waited 1 more lap!! He took the chance however, hoping that the would hold each other up and luckily for him it paid off. A race well won!
  5. Whether it was tactics to go then or mis-timed judgement it paid off

A well earned win.

A future World Champion?
  6. fcuk i hope so. Hes got it in him i think.