Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where's slowpoke? HaHaHaHa

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Ljiljan, Feb 23, 2011.

1. damn cant watch it at work, whats it about?
  2. Rocket III vs a GSX1000.

Slowpoke needs to learn how to use the throttle and change out of first gear on the Rocket. He couldn't be that far behind over a half mile!!
  3. I'd love to know who asked for the 1/2 mile length in the wager; As the drag race distance increases it becomes less about launching technique, power-to-weight ratio and area-under-the-power-curve and more about whoever has the most top-end power as an absolute, and the GSXR has top-end power in spades. The Rocket III's party piece is sheer area-under-the-curve Power Everywhere In The Rev Range(tm), which ought to give it pretty good acceleration early on.

My gut feel is that it'd be veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting to see a 1/8th mile race between a Rocket III and a sportsbike. The results would be a lot closer.
  4. I'd like to have seen an actual RACE, because we see nothing in this, just the other rider bailing out.

Couple of years ago there was a good one posted (same bikes). Quarter mile drag, the Rocket had the lead until the Zuki got him right on the line.
  5. Yeah, that's true. XD A fly-by 800 metres from the starting point is a bit uninteresting in w.r.t technique/skill/timing. It only shows the result.
  6. It doesn't stop it being funny though.