Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where's Boris???

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Jun 15, 2006.

1. So, did the story on Sydney Netriders that Boris was going to feature in AMCN, ever eventuate????

2. nope, we got shafted. i will call borris and let you know what he says.
  3. hehe heh, Jax, we probably didn't get drunk enough and fall down, or smash the windows at the HBBT, or graffiti some cars. A bunch of normal people who love bikes, meeting together to have a meal and have fun wouldn't be of any interest to a foul-mouthed non-event like Boris......
  4. Hornet600

How did you go getting copies of the pictures taken on the night?
  5. Hey Hornet, get off the bloody fence and say what you really mean. :wink:
  6. Perhaps, he's still recovering from his off whilst racing a short while ago, as documented in AMCN recently.
  7. Abit quick to jump the gun there ,maybe he has got other thing to put in befor ours.
  8. Boris strikes me as a rather intelligent man, who makes a living from being an agent provocateur. And enjoys it thoroughly.
  9. It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so unaccepting towards other people. There is no doubt that Boris loves a drink or 2. By reading his columns he doesn't mind a bit of a scuffle either. And he says what he thinks. By his own admission he has done some pretty stupid things. But at least he admits it. Takes full responsibility for his actions. Unlike many supposed "upright" public & religious figures.
    Why do some people get so outraged about how someone else conducts their own life in a manner they are comfortable & then writes about it?
  10. The photographer referred me to Boris
    Boris referred me to the photographer
    I know when I'm getting the runaround
    As far as my opinion of Boris is concerned, I made it on the basis of that meeting, and I stand by it. It's my opinion, and I'm not trying to change anyone else's of him.
    As far as taking responsibility for one's actions is concerned, it's usually a good idea not to do stupid things combined with drink, then there's nothing to take responsibility for, eh??
  11. There's the rub hornet -from what I read (and he wrote it himself) he only blames himself.
    Some of what he says I don't agree with, some I do -but no need to belittle the man for it.
    Gromit -the funny thing is you could almost say he does not do it just to provoke people but he actually says what he means & means what he says -almost :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Point taken, Andrew, I'm not going to argue with you about him, I respect your opinions....
  13. Not looking for an argument either Paul. Just like to look at things from different perspectives -thats all. The older I get the less "defined" or "straight down the line" things seem to become :grin:
  14. Thanks for the update. It's not the runaround, its the copyright I mentioned to you on the night. Might have more luck once the pics are published.

And am sure Boris speaks pretty highly of your too :wink:
  15. Not that surprised about the article going missing. After talking with him for a while on the train I had my doubts he was all that interested from the start. He seemed to think we were part of some fringe motorcycling freak show, purely because our form of motorcycling is so different to his.

As far as my opinion of the bloke goes, anyone who gets drunk and then drives/rides is an irresponsible idiot. Add to that his attitude on the night he came to HBB and I really won't be worried if I never hear of him again. Especially if hearing of him revolves around a DUI resulting in a serious accident.
  16. Is this like weres wally :shock: Pick the wally from the posts :LOL: