Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to store my bike

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Ninja03, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Hey guys

Got a quick question. There isnt enough space in the garage at home for my bike. I have bene forced to keep it on the front porche instead. The bike is undercover from rain however isnt as protected from cold nights and winds as it would be in a garage. Is this eventually gonna cause damage to my bike much quicker than if it was kept in a garage?

Thanks in advance

2. Just get a decent, weatherproof cover for it.

3. +1. $20 from K-Mart.

4. It must be a bloody small garage! :shock:

5. do you need a porche convertible to get the bike in?

[​IMG]

and whats wrong with the back porche?

6. do you need a porche convertible to get the bike in?

That's actually porsche :wink:

7. haha porche joke....

just get a cover. you probs wana wash ur bike a tad more often because the morning mist will make dirt stick to it more but if you get a cover no problems

8. I'd try to make room in the garage if I were you.

Yeah, cover is better than nothing, but it'll be subject to much more condensation sitting outside. You'll start to see bits rusting faster than if it were sitting inside a garage.

9. Garages are for bikes not for cars - get the car out!

10. also if someone was sneaky enough they could pick up ur bike n wheel it down the road into their van

11. ^ What he said^. Any room on your back porch/somwhere hidden?