Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to plan an adventure… would you join?

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' at netrider.net.au started by Not4Resale, Nov 13, 2014.

1. So, I've moved over to the adventure scene and am quite keen on finding some trails to stretch the bike's legs.

Currently am running Michelin Anakee 3 tyres on a KLR 650 and am yet to see if the fancy tread pattern actually works off road. I've been toying with the idea of getting a group of riders together who are able to attend regular rides that kick off from Southern Sydney. I'd love to get the bike off road but in spite of having 6+ years of road experience, I've only spent a small portion of this on dirt trails (most of which were in my teen years) so I figure that having a few guys around will be the fastest way to improve my skills whilst providing an excellent platform for talking shit and having an all around blast.

Before I go ahead and start planning the first mission I would like to see if anyone would be keen to get involved and to answer the following questions:

• How much have you ridden on/off road
    • Would you like this group to contain beginner/medium/advanced riders or are you open to all parties
    • How often would you like the group to go for rides
    • Where (if you know of any) are some great trails that we could go visit
    • What activities would you like to include in the rides (i.e. coffee shops, secluded beach visits, deep bush trails etc.)
    If I can get the interest, I'm happy to host these events for the foreseeable future as I want to get more involved in the motorcycling community and who better to do it with than by creating an elitist adventure riders group.

I'm happy to also plan some road rides as it would be good to catch up with a large portion of riders on a range of machines.