Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

where to install topbox rack for zzr 250 in sydney or wollog

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by ericgao, Apr 12, 2006.

1. hi. i want to have a topbox on my zzr 250 'cause i always have to carry m books and laptops around for my unistaff. tank bag scratches my tank and it is too sore to carry a back pack casue it takes me 1.5 hours to ride from wollongong to Unievsrty of new south Wales. i went to several bike shops but they told me to get a flat rack first. Where could i find a flat rack for zzr 250 in sydney or wollogong area? Thanks

2. Try Trevor Jordans Honda in Corrimal Street Wollongong, you should get a Ventura rack and bag, and they should be able to fit it for you (although their workshop is always busy, you might have to book in for it.)

3. the ventura rack screws straight into the four connection points one each side of the pillion seat, you should be able to buy the rack and DIY.

(unless mine had already been modified when i bought it.)

4. thanks mate. but i want a topbox which carry lots of staff and water proof and lockable. as for ventura rack, i got a quote from z-power, which is 339 and include bags and installation. any furhter input? thanks

5. Eric, I have a fibreglass top-box which attaches to a custom rack that bolts straight into a standard Ventura rack. I bought the box and had the rack made for it, but I've never used it. Open to offers, I'll try and get a pic or two and post it for you....

6. hi, hornet 600. thanks for help. the flat part of ventura rack is a bit short but most of base plates of topbox are quite big. will the rack hold your box firm, especially for heavy load? by the way what is colour of your box? thanks

7.  Top
  8. If you can give me an email address, via PM I can send you three digital pics that will explain all.....

9.  Top