Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to go?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by crysix, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Hey, not sure if this is the right part of the forum, to post such question, but, umm can anyone suggest where in Sydney, prefferably close to the city, can i enjoy a nice ride on my motorbike?

I ride everyday to school, and thats not really fun, and um i just want to take some time off during the weekends enjoying a nice ride on the bike.

2. Mate, u seriously need to get out more

Old Pacific Hwy, Mount White
    Royal National Park, Sutherland
    Putty Rd, Windsor

3. yeh dude, there are a few roads that follow the bays on parramatta river, bridge rd and the cresent around blackwattle bay, others around iron cove, five dock, hen and chicken bay, etc. pretty much right on the waters edge.

4. Just pick a direction and go, then in a few hours find your way back.

5. If you want buddies to ride with who know a few roads you might want to consider joining up with either the Randwick Thursday night riders at Zellini's Cafe, or the learner practise group at Homebush on Saturdays (who often go for rides afterwards).

6. is that who they are... only about 150 of them pulling all sorts of rubbish on arden st one night

7. I have a similar question. I really need to practice my cornering.
    I'm looking to find some long, open, winding roads whith no cars, preferably with good visibility. Am I dreaming?
    I live in the epping area and wouldn't like to travel more than an hour.
    I just thought someone might know a particularly good spot that lives in the same area. Cheers.

8. Mate, 25 mins north of Epping and you'll be @ Berowra. The start of the Old Road, about 35kms of motorcycle nirvana.

9. Let me know when you get the bike fixed up and I'll show ya some decent roads south of the bridge.

10. Old Pac mate, Berowra to Mt White and beyond

You'll love it

Just watch the cops ;)

11. if you have the time, old highway then across to Wollombi, across to Broke, down the Putty; that'll get your pulse rate up, and satisfy your riding nerves for a week or two

12.  Top
  13. Another nice road close enough to sydney is the 1 from picton to the burragorang lookout, top smooth surface, low traffic and great long sweeping type corners, good for learning on with no nasty suprises