Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to get RWC for streetfighter?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by cLicK2g, Sep 28, 2015.

  1. Hey guys,
    Long time no post hope you guys can help,

    Looking for a place to get a road worthy for a bike that is registered in VIC and has been converted into a naked bike.
    Inspector must wear dark glasses
    Looking for a place in Victoria also, preferably south eastern
  2. Some car workshops seem more lenient, when issuing a RWC.
    Can't name any.

    Good luck.
  3. You can try Dean at Dynoverks but I think most of those days of looking sideways are gone.

    I think they even need to take photos these days so there's no recourse on them.
  4. This is the problem. RWC testers now need to supply photos to prove the condition of the bike when they tested it. That means exhausts, fender eliminators, all that stuff can only be done post-RWC. You're gonna need to get your bike legal. The good thing, though, is that if you take it to a RWC tester they'll give you a list of things you need to fix, and 28 days to do it in. So if you work your way through that list you'll get the bike on the road. It can be done.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Not fender eliminators - these are now legal as long as the indicators are ADR complaint and there is a reflector somewhere. I know this as currently getting bike RWC'd and rang them first to enquire whether I had to really remove FE given the law had changed. Even send them a pic to confirm I wouldn't get screwed over. So far so good, I get the bike this arvo and I'll come back and comment here if any problems.