Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to get riding gear in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by davey_charlie, May 21, 2010.

1. Where is a good place to get riding gear in Melbourne?
    I'm in need of jacket, pants, gloves and helmet. I was thinking of going to Peter Stevens in the CBd but they are pretty pricey. Does anyone have any suggestions where to get gear at a good price? I don't mind travelingif it will save me abit of money.
    I remember a few months ago there was an ad on tv advertising discounted riding gear, I think it was out dandynong but I can't remember the name of the place.

2. http://www.amxoutlets.com/ are pretty good

Bike Mart in Ringwood are also good to deal with, and if you pay up as a netrider member you get a discount there :)
  3. Hey mate. If you're gonna head into the city theres quite a few bike shops up around PS, the PS clearance shop around the corner in a'beckett st has some good discounted stuff. If you're looking for the cheaper stuff, check out AMX. I think they've got a couple of other stores around town but I've only been to the one in Bayswater, its got a huge range of cheap stuff and they've suited up many a noob over the years. The only other place I can think of is the Ringwood area - BikeMart has good stuff, but AMX is cheaper. The one you saw in Dandenong may have been Peter Stevens sale.
  4. Thanks guys amx was the one I was after! Going to go get some new gear today :)
  5. Went to amx and got everything for $700! Very happy, they chucked in a disc lock for free aswell.
  6. AMX is great! I popped out to the Keilor store today based on a recommendation from another of our Netriders for some winter gear - gloves/jacket/raingear and some other things.
    Service was excellent (thanks Scott!), very helpful & knowledgeable ... didn't have jacket in my size left in store and within what seemed like 5 mins had brought one in from another store/location. Great discount & threw in a neckwarmer too.
    Like you I'm very, very happy with their service - highly recommend them.
  7. I also got decked out from AMX Keilor and coudn't be haapier. I got there for all the little bits & pieces I need and always leave satisfied.