Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to get comfortable leg armour?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by CYZ, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting some armour to wear inside my gear for added protection. Especially somethings for the legs to wear inside Draggin Jeans/Normal Cloths for quick commutes. Can anyone give me suggestions on what to get and where to get it? My local dealers' options are quite limited.

2. I went with the TPro Forcefield Body Armour, their Limb Tubes specifically - http://www.tprobodyarmour.co.uk/limb_tubes.asp When I bought them they didn't have an Australian distributor so I had to go looking while visiting family in London.

I believe they have an Australian distributor now.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-armor/forcefield/ Seems to provide a review of most of their product line.

I find that the limb tubes are pretty comfortable while riding, they can get a bit uncomfortable bunching up if I spend a lot of time walking around with them on, so when I wear them I usually take them off at work and put them back on before leaving.
  3. I use A* Reflex knee guards under my draggins alot of the time.
    They dont pinch leg hairs like the Knox pads do, and coz they strap round the calves, u dont have any uncomfy straps bunching behind the knee. Also have good ventilation, so u dont cook in warm weather.
    I paid $55 for them at Peter Stevens, so even with postage the Bikebiz price is pretty good
  4. I had Axo TMKP Pro armour. I used to wear it all day under my riding jeans when I had thermals on. Without anything underneath them, they're only good (for me) whilst riding and I'd take them off when not on the bike. They were $70 and had a RRP of $79 when I bought them from Bike Mart back in March.
  5. Thank you guys for all the advices. :grin: :grin:
    After some consideration I think I'm gonna go for the A* Reflex armour. Purely on connivence as I can get them online and they are cheap.

Had a look at the Forcefield gear also. Looks very nice. But I wonder how much of that you are paying just for the aesthetics and how much protection it have over the other armours. Their Australian distributor not having a dealer in Canberra is kinda discouraging too.