Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to get a pinkslip?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by GreenNinja, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Hi,

Rego is expiring mid Jan and i wanted to know do i just take my bike to a normal machanic to get a "pink slip" (or wotever colour it is 4 a bike)?.

Also i wanted to be CHECKED CAREFULLY, as i haven't had a bike machinic look over it probally since i brought it. Cuz I've done my "pink slips" on my car and they don't even check it probally sumtimes.

so cud sum one suggest a place in western sydney(liverpool) to get my "pink slip".

2. Anywhere that does car Pink Slips can do bike ones.

They aren't a mechanical inspection, they just make sure your bike is roadworthy - tyres, lights, horn etc.
  3. Pink slips on a bike are even more simple than on a car. Any authorised inspections station (any place that does pink slips e.g. local mechanic) can do your pink slip. They dont check anything mechanical, just saftey items like lights and tyres etc. If you want to get your bike checked over mechanically, take it to a workshop and pay for a checkover.
    As for not checking cars, while it does happen a pink slip is only a minor checkover, usually only taking 20 min or so to do.

4. It depends on the mechanic checking the bike. I had all the usual checked, (lights, tyres,horn, oil leaks ) ,plus front and rear wheel bearing wear and head stem bearing wear.Brakes are not tested as per car. Before you take it for inspection do a bit of checking yourself. Tyre wear. chain wear and tension, sprocket wear, brake lights etc are all easy to do. Get to know your bike.
  5. Let's be honest, the chances of a pink slip guy actually checking your bike "carefully" are bucklies. If u want it checked over pay a proper bike shop 30 minutes of their time to do it properly
  6. The problem with anyone doing inspections that have a vested interest in making money will find something that might or might not need fixing. Every car needs ball joints at ever inspection. Go to your car place for the rego inspection and go to a bike shop for work needed to be done. A lot of car places don't know jack about bikes anyway which is s good thing .Blue slips are another can of worms altogether.
  7. Trooper Lu at 3/80 Heathcote Rd, Moorebank seems to get good reviews. Close to Liverpool