Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to buy stator & rectifier for GSXR?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Nugdam, Mar 14, 2016.

1. #1 Nugdam, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Ok so on my other thread I posted about testing stator etc. I have done all that on the weekend and it is indeed the stator that is dead. Also looks like two burnt wires on my rectifier.

I rang suzuki to price genuine and I'm looking at about $700 in parts :/. There is loads of aftermarket ones on ebay for a 3rd that price. What are some reputable brands or websites to purchase from?

Thanks in advance

2. If it was my gsxr I would just spend the 700 odd and be done with it.

3.  Top
  4. #5 cjvfr, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes agree with twistngotwistngo Small Coil Rewinds do a good job of rewinds for bike stators. Couple of members here have used them. For Regulator/Rectifiers I use http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/ their Regulators are generally a bit beefier than the standard OEM models. I have never had one of their's fail and I have used them on various bikes I have had plus mates bikes. They also sell stators if you want to buy one, some of their models are higher output versions.

• Like Like x 1