Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to buy: pressure gauge and plastic welding rods

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by TGM, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Like the title says, I'm after a good pressure gauge and some plastic welding rods. (or any source of ABS plastic)

I did a search on pressure gauges but the Vigil is no longer produced and I don't want to chance buying a stuffed up one on ebay.

I went to Dynoverks, they had a brilliant gauge but it's $185, I'd rather spend under $100.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have any experience with Jamec PEM stuff?

2. Thanks but I have a couple of pen pressure gauges and I'm looking for something accurate.
  3. re plastic welding rods, best bet is to find an old bit of fairing and reuse that. If you're doing a suzy, then cable ties are your best bet if you can't get a bit of old fairing.
  4. #5 bulby, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    In that case, check with your local wreckers, I guess? They might have some badly damaged fairing they can sell you for cheap.
  5. They have quite a few dial and digital gauges there by the looks of it. Not sure how accurate they are, but as long as they're consistent, you can work with that. You can 'calibrate' them against the unit you use to fill your tyres (and who says that's going to be 'accurate'? and what if you fill at another place?), and use that as your baseline.

Look small enough to stow away too.

Thanks for the link.

6. Yeah I currently use a pen one, if you have a friendly mechanic they'll let you check it against their master gauge.

My pen gauges are 4-6 psi out.