Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to buy gear in Melbourne?!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by philski, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Hey all!

I've been searching through the forums and can't seem to find any recommendations of places to buy gear (helmet, leathers, gloves, boots etc) in the Melbourne area... Has anyone got any suggestions of good places to buy which have good service/advice/prices??

Thanks in advance...
  2. Bikemart
    morroondah hwy ringwood
    ask for brian
    he looks after netriders and gives a discount too.
    we also have netrider nights were he opens for us and discounts everything .
  3. peter stevens in the city, bigger range and i found to be cheaper.
  4. does anyone know of any good online accessory stores in aus with a good range? can't seem to find any.
  5. Try out http://www.mcas.com.au/ or http://www.maw.com.au/ . I have not used / purchased anything through either of these, and I do not have an opinion regarding their service / price. All I know is that they exist and you can decide to try them if you want.
  6. Thanks for the replies, i've checked out peter stevens, will head over to bikemart on saturday to check them out!
  7. Bell St. Heidelberg: Riders Edge and Redwing Honda; also Stafford yamaha
  8. Hi there,

You might want to keep an eye out for this thread re bike gears shopping, coming up soon, I think.

Shopping Time...
  9. no matter where you buy from don't pay full retail price. Bike gear usually has a reasonable mark up in price, i always haggle the price down at least 10% :D good luck!
  10. I have always found Accessoride in Mill Park freindly, helpful and very reasonably priced - and they look after all riders without putting down us girls. And I get a discount cos I did my courses at Armstrongs. Just gotta mention that to them.

While they do not have a catalogue online, they do have email and will happily send out gear by mail. What they don't have they will source.

11. Try New World Honda Berwick, ask for Sam. Normally gives a good deal. Try upstairs at Clipstone Yamaha in Ringwood also.