Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to buy fairings or duct tails

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by WantFreedom, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the best place to buy fairings or some call them duct tails for a Honda CB250 1995 are there any wreckers I should try around Melbourne or try order them off the internet somewhere? they seem hard to come by or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

I am looking for red in color similar to mine they don't have to be brand new but in a reasonably god condition would be nice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Wreckers will charge you a fortune but you can make them do the work by posting something to findapart dot com dot au

Maybe you'll find a bargain. I'd be browsing gumtree looking for backyard wreckers you'll get a better deal but expect to have to repaint and maybe repair.

3. Yeah I think one wrecker is looking around $75 per fairing, I have been looking at backyard wreckers but none wrecking. I'm not looking at spending a fortune just not worth it on my bike but I thought if I could pick some up cheap it would be nice, thought there might be some secret places I don't know about.

Would it be worth looking to see if someone could tidy up my current fairings in the motorcycle business or it would just end up costing too much ?

4. Depends what the problem is and how bad. Repairing fairings is an annoying job and if you get them plastic welded it can be a bit costly. If you have a dremel tool and the right compounds you can do it yourself, sand back and get it professionally painted. That would be the cheapest way.

Otherwise, heck, it's a 250 and if you don't care who else is going to care? My FZR has a crack down one fairing and I superglued paddlepop sticks on the inside and applied duct tape for a bit of extra strength. It's a hairline so you can hardly see it and I just don't care lol

5. I honestly read the title as where to buy fairings or duct tape.

Can't find new ones then stuff it I'll just tape em back up.

Anyway $75 doesn't seem too steep for a fairing

6. Only one is cracked slightly but nothing major ofcourse there is the scuff marks and normal wear and tear from a 1995 bike, I guess my my aim was to pretty my bike up a little on the cheap that was all :)

But as you say joker heck its just a 250 hehe

7. Worth a while looking at Coburg Wreckers. Guys in there are pretty nice.

8. Thanks ill give them a call tomorrow :)